Got questions? Please choose the question(s) you may want to know.
Finding kiosksHow do I find the nearest HEYCOINS kiosk?
Please go to find us. It’ll show you the places that have a HEYCOINS kiosk. We will have more locations to serve you soon.
There’s an issue with the kiosk. Or, there’s a message saying “We are sorry, this kiosk is out of service.” What should I do?
We’re sorry there’s a problem with the kiosk. Please use find us to find another kiosk in your area or contact us for more information.
- Cashing in your loose change at HEYCOINS is easy. Just pour your coins into the kiosk and let us do the work. Check here for detailed steps.
- In our kiosks, you can choose one of three convenient options:
- Top UpE-wallets;
- Purchase Gift Vouchers;
- Donate to Charities;
- Do not insert foreign coins, damaged coins, commemorative coins, tokens, or any coin that we do not accept listed on our website. All these coins will not be counted and may not be returned.
- The maximum number of coins that can be processed simultaneously is 1,000 pics. If the number of coins you have inserted is over 1,000 pics, the kiosk will only process the 1,000 picscoins first. Once you have selected confirm button, the kiosk will continue counting the rest of your coins within the same transaction.
- Please make sure your coins are clean and dry, and that you have removed dirt, debris, and other objects that might jam the coin tray or interfere with the counting process.
- Pour your coins directly into the coin slot, please observe your pouring speed. Too many coins will be not able to be inserted into the slot.
- Check the return tray for any rejected coins. If yes, please pour them into coin slot again for counting and processing.We will not be responsible and liable for any loss if you do not get your return coins back.
- You can’t get your coins back once you have selected the confirm button in every transaction. (All valid coins are unable to return.)
- HEYCOINS reserves the right to all final decisions (final right to interpret) in terms of coins counting related issues and money (value) transferring matters.
- Please make sure your cell phone/smartphone has a good signal and the internet access to get the corresponding messages from our partners and us.
- When all your coins have been counted, you choose to receive a paper receipt or/and mobile phone message (SMS) receipt, in which all details will be showed, such as time, date, value of coins, functions you have selected, our company’s contact informationand other promotional materials.
- Do keep all your transactional records (the paper receipt or/and SMS) after you have finished the transaction. It is the only reference you will have for checking with us for any matters. We will not be responsible and liable for any loss if you can’t find it.
- Once you got the transactional records, there will be a “Thank You” page showed up, which means your transaction has been done and you are good to go!
FeesIs there a charge to use a HEYCOINS kiosk?
There is no charge at all locations in Hong Kong now for top-upping up e-wallet and purchasing gift vouchers. We reserve all the right to charge you for using our services in the future.
Due to the operation cost of Heycoins and administrative cost of Charitable Choice, we (HEYCOINS) need to charge 5% and Charitable Choice need to charge 5% for charitable donations on users. (Total 10% will be deducted for every donations made at kiosks.)
Coin sortingDo I need to sort my coins before using the HEYCOINS kiosk?
No sorting, counting or rolling required. Make sure your coins have been cleared of all dirt, debris and other objects prior to visiting the kiosk to ensure a successful transaction. Items like food, screws, dirty or sticky coins and other objects will jam the machine. Click here for a list of acceptable coins.
What if I have a large amount of coins?
If you think that you have more than HKD $3,000 in coins, we may be able to provide special assistance. Please call our Customer Service Hotline, email us or send a Facebook message to us. (There would be a charge related for this service.)
Question for Top Up E-walletsAnything I shall do before top-up my e-wallet?
Make sure you have our partners’ mobile application on your smartphone and you have legally registered an account in that mobile application.
If you are using any physical card issued by our partners, please make sure that card has the clear account QR Code for scanning.
How to Top-up E-wallet?
Please check here.
Minimum cash top-up allowed per day is HK$ 0.1 for one account via HEYCOINS.
Maximum cash top-up allowed per day is HK$ 3,000 for one account via HEYCOINS.
The maximum daily top-up value in coins is HK$3,000 via every HEYCOINS kiosk.
Find the Info BOTTON on the screen or contact Customer Service Hotline (Mon – Fri from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for further assistance; Sorry, we are not working during public holidays of Hong Kong).
Please keep all records (paper receipt or/and SMS sent from us) from HEYCOINS for us to assist with any inquiries;
Your transactional records (paper receipt or/and SMS sent from us) is the only evidence for us to check, please keep them safe until your coin value is received. However, if you do not claim the case with us within 2 days after it happened, we will not be able to get the money back for you.
If you have any issue for using the E-wallets, please reach out our partners here:
- Tap&Go: tapngo.com.hk
Question for Gift Vouchers
Home deliver by mail (Recommended)
- Please send your information (transactional records, name, contact number, address) to our email email@example.com;
- We will mail the Gift Vouchers to you in 48 hours;
- Standard mail fee will be charged by our carrier. (HK$15)
- Save your timeand money for traveling!
Pick-up by yourself
- We do have redemption centersin Hong Kong for you to redeem your vouchers.
- Please bring your transactional records that have the unique redemption code to one of redemption centres;
- You are able to come to our centres 2 days after you finished the transaction at the kiosk.
No Fee Applies.
Please be reminded, you are able to come to you selected centre 2 days after you finished the transaction at the kiosk. You can’t change the pick-up location.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact us first to claim this issues as soon as possible.
When you get the Gift Voucher from us, it works just like cash. Use your Gift Voucher when you shop at their retail stores or restaurants. Please be reminded, every Gift Voucher has fixed value and read all Terms & Condition on the vouchers before using it.
For Social Enterprise Enterprise Voucher, please go to the shop/restaurant list here. http://www.goodgoods.hk/zh-hant/segiftcertintro
The redemption code in the printed paper receipt or showed in SMS is the only proof for you and us. Please keep it secure until you used it. Regrettably, we are unable to cancel or reissue a redemption code, if your redemption code has been used by someone else.
Gift Vouchers are like cash, so keep them safe. Once the Gift Voucher has been given to you, we do not have the ability to track it. Regrettably, we are unable to cancel or reissue Gift Voucher for you.
We are not able to refund or exchange one Gift Voucher for another. We are also not able to exchange a Gift Voucher for cash.
Question for Charitable Donate
Charitable Choice is a Hong Kong-registered non-profit organization with tax exemption status under section 88 of the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112). Charitable Choice operates a programme that helps to collect donations and raise funds for approximately 40 Hong Kong-registered charities with whom Charitable Choice has a signed legal agreement. The Programme includes facilitating donations via third party distributors. Please check here for more.
You are entitled to a tax deductible receipt issued by Charitable Choice for each donation transaction (made at the time of redemption at a Coins Collection Location) that equal or exceed HK$100.)
To obtain a tax deductible receipt from Charitable Choice, you shall send a copy of your HEYCOINS receipt(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, contact email address and valid telephone number.
Click here to see our wide variety of charity partners.
Business to Business Services
Yes, you can count coins from your business at a HEYCOINS kiosk anytime. We are also working on a special program designed to specifically meet the needs of business owners. To learn more, please contact us via email@example.com.
Our Customer Service
There are three ways to contact us.
- Visit our FIND US page on the website and submit your question there anytime;
- Call us at Customer Hotline; (Mon – Fri from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.;we are not working in the public holiday of Hong Kong)
- Visit our Facebook page and send your message to us anytime;
Once we got your message(s), we will get you back as soon as possible.
If you have any problem during operating our kiosk, you can always find info Button (on the left-top corner of the touch screen ) to answer the frequently asked questions;
If you have any problem after your transaction, please keep all records from HEYCOINS and get in touch with us by email, hotline or Facebook.